3 February 2015

Winter and essential oils

Today is a lovely sunny and light day and it instantly put me in a good mood this morning! Unfortunately this weather is quite exceptional at this time of year as it is midwinter where I live (the Netherlands). This usally means cold weather and dark, even rainy days. Bleh!

On days where I don't have the sunshine to put me in a good mood, I always like to use an oil burner. I am currently using an oil named 'Autumn/Winter Mix' which is a very fresh, eucalyptussy scent.


I also have an oil from the Body Shop called 'Mandarine & Tangelo' which is a very sweet and citrussy scent. Finally I have a lavender oil I absolutely adore. I always hear lavender is supposed to have calming properties which is why I like to use this oil at night time when I'm reading a book or something. It really does put me in a calm mood and I just love the scent! I bought these scents quite a while ago so I don't know if you can still get the exact same ones, but there are so many scents out there... plenty of options!


This is my oil burner (the simplest and cheapest one out there) and I actually really like how it ties in with the rest of the colours and textures in this little corner of my living room.

Let me know if you have ever tried any essential oils and which ones you like!

Thanks for reading!

Sophie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment