9 February 2015

Subtle smokey eye and Jessica Chastain

Ever since watching the movie 'The disappearance of Eleanor Rigby', I have been obsessed with Jessica Chastain. She is such a natural beauty and I love her red hair and colouring!

In the movie she temporarily leaves her boyfriend to think about what she wants in life and with their relationship and with this 'search' comes a transformation of her physical appearance/style too. She goes from being very 'au naturel' and casual to kind of chic and sophisticated, mainly by changing her hair and makeup.

 

I found her new look (as well as the old) in the movie absolutely stunning and after some browsing on the internet I found this picture with very similar (a little bit more subtle) makeup. This makeup look was created by the famous Mary Greenwell and in the article next to the picture Greenwell mentioned she used Chanel illusion d'ombre in Illusoire (a cream eyeshadow) on Jessica's eyes.


I don't own that shade so I recreated this look on myself using the color busted form the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. Busted is described as a 'deep brown shimmer'. I think Illusoire looks more purply in comparison, but the effect on the eyes is quite similar. I think this is especially a great color if you've got light eyes because it really makes them stand out. I used busted all over the lid end I also used a little bit of a matt bronzer in the crease to make my eyes pop even more. I made a tiny wing (black eyeshadow) on my upper lashline and I used a bit of black eyeliner on my lower lashline. A bit of mascara and that is the eye makeup done! 



I think this is just the perfect subtle smokey eye you could wear during the day without it looking 'overdone'. It gives some depth and definition to the eyes:) 

Hope you liked this! 

Thanks for reading! 
Sophie xx




No comments:

Post a Comment