4 February 2015

DIY- shell frame

I am so happy with the way this frame turned out, and the best part... it is so easy! 


Here is what you'll need: 

1. A simple frame
(this is a white, wooden one) 

2. Good quality glue

I used this one by Collall and it works really well. You don't need a lot of glue for the shells to stick to the wood and it dries really quickly.

3. Shells and (decoration) stones or just sand from the beach

I used shells I collected on a recent holiday to Australia. Collecting shells is something I've always liked to do. There is something almost meditative about walking on the beach, listening to the birds and the sea and just looking for pretty shells.. 



Now that you've got all the stuff, I recommend to put some old paper on top of the surface you're working on, because that glue is seriously sticky stuff... 

I firstly glued the shells and waited for those to dry before I glued the stones. That way no shell transfers in any direction you don't want it to while gluing the stones. 

Choose a nice picture and you're done! I chose a picture of me and my boyfriend that was taken in Australia on the same beach where I found some of the shells I used. 

Hope you liked this DIY idea, let me know! 

Thanks for reading, 
Sophie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment