8 February 2015

Chopping off my long hair!

I have had long hair for pretty much my entire life. I had thought about chopping it all off before, but I was always scared I wouldn't like it, so I never did it. Last week though I really had to get a haircut and I started looking on pinterest with a friend. She found a short haircut I liked a lot, so I decided to give it a go. It always grows back, right..

This is my hair before I went to the hairdresser's. It's very thick, naturally a bit wavy and it was quite long. I took these pictures with my phone, so bare with me as the quality isn't great..



This is my hair on the floor in the hairsalon. I am donating it to 'Stichting Haarwensen', an organisation where they make hairpieces of real hair for children who suffer from medical treatment and loose there hair as a result, I am sure there are organisations like this in most countries, so make sure to check them out in case you're chopping your long hair off too!



To see my hair lying there on the ground was very terrifying as I couldn't see my new haircut just yet. At that point there was one thing I was already quite happy about: the weight. It felt amazing, so light! Now onto the most exciting bit... 


My new hair! What do you think? Personally, I'm really happy with it. It is still feminine, but a little bit more 'tough' and it just feels amazing! It is also very, very easy to style, I just wet it every day when I take my shower and use a little bit of cream afterwards to run through the ends, that's all!

Did you ever chop your hair all off and/or donated it? Let me know! 

Thanks for reading! 
Sophie xx


2 comments:

  1. I love your new hair! I donated my hair about 2 years ago and I'm thinking about chopping it off again!

    http://emiladetheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tnx Katie! Cool you're thinking about it and donated it last time.
    I feel great with short hair, it is a very refreshing feeling :)

    ReplyDelete